Default American Pickers

Featured Sponsor

Anyone else a fan of this show?
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

ummmmmmmmm yeah But i aint sure I bleve they are factual on some of their after purchase appraisals.

Cool Wait a minute!

Are you saying not everything we see on tv is true?
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Really? And that is what they say about the internet too.

DH, I did hear the other day that Myron Mixon is actually a nice guy. Yeah, alot of acting going on these real life shows.

It's a good show, but it is given the TV treatment to make it more viewable. A few things to note are:-

The yards they pass are not necessarily what's filmed on the inside.
    When you see them go into a building it might just be an empty barn and the junk filled interior is filmed elsewhere in a warehouse.
    A lot of the stuff is hired in as props, especially the "surprise" high value items.
    The people they visit are probably actors following a pre-planned script.
    The experts are briefed and probably hired the special items in the first place.
    There's an entire art department making those places look dusty and dilapidated.

Same as Deadliest Catch. A lot of that is scripted and staged outwith fishing season to make good storylines.

That's the magic of TV.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Featured Sponsorr

I talked to a guy in Maine where the pickers went to film a show. He said 3 big trailers trucks and 2 motor homes came along with the pickers. But they did buy much more than you ever saw on TV. The show has raised the price of things for us rookies!
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!