Default lineman starting their own company

Featured Sponsor

Has anyone come across a fellow lineman that formed or tried to form his own company? While in another state some guy gave me a call and wanted me to work for him,how he got my number ,nobody knows,well I talked to this guy several times and he said he need more time,more equipment before I could join him,well I guess things didnt work out for him,and I can see why,his Idea was great but it must be awful expensive to just get started in the contracting business,maybe some of you know people that did the same thing,is so how are they doing today?

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Has anyone come across a fellow lineman that formed or tried to form his own company? While in another state some guy gave me a call and wanted me to work for him,how he got my number ,nobody knows,well I talked to this guy several times and he said he need more time,more equipment before I could join him,well I guess things didnt work out for him,and I can see why,his Idea was great but it must be awful expensive to just get started in the contracting business,maybe some of you know people that did the same thing,is so how are they doing today?
    What state is that company outtof

Texas,he maybe was in business for two months,out of the blue he called me ,didnt know him but heard of his name.Didnt keep in touch with the guy,there are two other contractors in this area that work for the utility,Ive worked for both and considering going back to one of them,that company is called MP Technologies,it would be hard going back but who knows.I believe the guy had fianiancial issues and thats where he failed.

Featured Sponsorr

I actually know 3 different guys that started their own company. Two started over 20 years ago, one survived but was hard to work for because of lack of cash, the other closed down because a partner had cash troubles and the fear was it would spill over onto the company. He still operates under a different name , no partners. The third is a friend that does private pole work and recently picked up a contract to dig pole holes for a large utility, he is doing very well. There isn't enough utility contracts around here for a small guy to get in to. The handful of large contractors are all over that work