Default weight issue,bucksqueeze

Featured Sponsor

I talked to a young Centerpoint lineman to day ,seemed like a good guy,I asked if they were understaffed,yes....I asked about overtime,he said theres as much as you want ....now it gets interesting,he brought up names of some guys that I know,some that got $hit-canned due to their weight,for you that dont know years back a lineman couldnt weigh over 280lbs,they would give you some time to lose it ,but if you couldnt you would be canned.He brought the subject up and to my surprise he told me that it is now 315 lbs......that being said the company rule was that buckets were rated for 300lbs,so if a lineman weighed 280lbs,that would leave around 20 lbs for tools.I asked the younger lineman if they did anything to the buckets........No....wonder how that happens? I asked him about the bucksqueeze....he says you dont really need to use one (BUT) if you fall and get hurt,then you would have some explaining to do....you figure that one out. Then I ask about climbing alone,well thats still allowed ....we continued to b/s and he tells me of another lineman that seems to have been cheating on his wife,seems the fellow went to the other womans home in a company vehicle....after visiting her he drives back to wherever.falls asleep and flips the vehicle,tells the company that he was with his wife,wife say no......well lets just say Gps doesnt lie.terminated.....hell of a deal.

2. Default

I work for Centerpoint also. The weight limit is 315 like he said. We weigh in every quarter of the year. As far as climbing goes are not allowed to climb without a buck squeeze or jelco. They are even making us use wood fall protection in the lineman rodeos.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by TUFF LINEMAN View Post
    I work for Centerpoint also. The weight limit is 315 like he said. We weigh in every quarter of the year. As far as climbing goes are not allowed to climb without a buck squeeze or jelco. They are even making us use wood fall protection in the lineman rodeos.
    What center are you working out of Tuff?