Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by LostArt View Post
    Thanks for your candor buddy. If we all could be that way. Experience in life makes us who we are. Some have a rougher time than others. Bless ya buddy.

I'll have to look up how to make a spit roasted chicken.

How far have you driven these guzzies? The longest road you have traveled one?
    LA send him the recipe for Drunken Chicken. . .OK I will.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/drunk-chicken/

This is real good recipe, You can use N/A beer or soda as I'm no longer a consumer of alcohol and it still works fine.

Default What Katie did next.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    What can Katie Taylor expect,now that she has brought everyone to their feet,will there be a movie,commercials,parades,will she get into a ring with the Queen?
    She already does adds on Irish tv ... I think the Queen is safe enough..." FOR NOW"
    She just loves to box.. I doubt if she even knows what she is doing next...
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Ummmmmmmmm puttin peanut budder in her unnerwears prolly wudnt be a good idea

Default Got to

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    LA send him the recipe for Drunken Chicken. . .OK I will.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/drunk-chicken/

This is real good recipe, You can use N/A beer or soda as I'm no longer a consumer of alcohol and it still works fine.
    Got to try that..... It looks like a great way to cook a chicken.. Thanks T man.... I don't drink either.. But I'm sure I will find someone in Dublin that could help me out....

And Poot. Your becoming obsessed with P nuts in underwear.... Mmmmmmmmmmmmm might be another photo idea.. Next time I'm up a pole... You can add it to your banna fetish..
    Think the crunchy peanut butter would make a better picture...
    If I'm caught stealing underwear from a clothes line... It's your fault..

All you need is a can of beer for a drunk chicken Bren, not a case. Course it does depend on how many chickens you are cooking. Heh.

How did you grow up Bren? In the country? On a farm? In the city?

How did you get into linework? There has to be a story on that.

Default Bren the early years. :D

All you need is a can of beer for a drunk chicken Bren, not a case. Course it does depend on how many chickens you are cooking. Heh.

How did you grow up Bren? In the country? On a farm? In the city?

How did you get into linework? There has to be a story on that.
    I was actually born in London. A place called Southall.. My parents moved there from Ireland in the 50,s... It was a time when they had advertisements for rental properties with " no blacks , dogs, or Irish .....
    So we lived in Southall untill I was 10 years old... 90% of the people in Southall were ( and still are Asian ). and quite a few Irish ... Because that was the only place that would rent us property's .
    It was very much an urban childhood... Maybe got to go out to the countryside a couple of times a year.
    As regards line work my uncle Joe , worked for the E.S.B. the Irish electricity supply board..
    He got me an interview.. I started when I left school at 18 ... I was in the cable gang ( u g ) first.
    Then went to line school... For three years training.. We would go to school for a few weeks then back to our gangs for practical " on the job" training.. I have my linesmans training record book in my bag,, it still makes up part of my CV. I became a fully fledged linesman on 14th feb 1984.

Is any one really interested in " this " ??????......

I'm enjoying rambling on ( GOD ! You Irish can talk) .

So your actually a Londoner?

Default Never.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    So your actually a Londoner?
    I'm Irish through an through...
    Parents were just visiting ( for 15 ) years when they had me..

How has the linework changed over the years over yonder Bren? What few things can you pin point that has changed and maybe for the better?

Default Not much.

Featured Sponsorr

How has the linework changed over the years over yonder Bren? What few things can you pin point that has changed and maybe for the better?
    Not much to be honest... It's improved slightly because of the better equipment we've got..
    But if ya think about it... It's not for our benefit it saves money. Smaller crews..

The way people are treated has improved . Young guys won't take the cr@p we had to put up with when we were young.. And they are quite right not to.. But it's basically putting wires on poles or towers .. So the juice flows without grounding it self.. It's never been rocket science,,...
    And if a lineman came back from 100 years ago... He wouldn't take much re training .. And would be up to speed in no time... It's just helicopters. In place of mules.." diggers instead of man power ( hand digging ) .. And probably less money in real terms than he was used to...

I was earning twice what I am now. Ten years ago... :-(