Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default when installing grounds/what do u use

Featured Sponsor

Primary or secondary....mainly secondary....when you open the barrel/door and the highside is lifted,and the process of installing grounds begins,what dou you use to install them with?I know guys will use leathers or install them barehanded,but as a young apprentice I or we were brought up to wear rubbers while doing this.....dont give me the it will only be a second without rubbers answer.

Grounds should always be installed and removed with a shotgun stick.

Is this a serious question?

Default Grounds

Shotgun always.

clean neutral with wire brush, install ground on neutral with shotgun, install on phase with shotgun..

neutral we can install by hand (rubber gloves) from neutral to phase always with a shotgun!!

Quote Originally Posted by TRAMPLINEMAN View Post
    Is this a serious question?
    Yes it is serious,I was trying to see if anyone admitted to using leathers or nothing at all while installing secondary grounds,it takes a minute or two,so people use that excuse to take a short cut and not to wear their rubbers......but nobody is admitting yet.

I install grounds on neutral with leathers.Neutral is grounded every other pole with #3 copper.Does anyone see a problem?

a neutral is a current carrying conductor, allways ruber gloves for the voltage of the circuit, PERIOD!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew View Post
    I install grounds on neutral with leathers.Neutral is grounded every other pole with #3 copper.Does anyone see a problem?

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by bashlin View Post
    clean neutral with wire brush, install ground on neutral with shotgun, install on phase with shotgun..
    This ^ after testing for dead and tagging my leads. If using "self cleaning" grounding clamps the cleaning the conductor part can be omitted however it is still a good practice.

Work Safely,

L.A. Martin
    Journeyman Div III
    CVEC
    There's no such thing as "The End Of The Line!"

If you think you are worth what you know, you are very wrong. Your knowledge today does not have much value beyond a couple of years. Your value is what you can learn and how easily you can adapt to the changes this profession brings so often. -- Jose M. Aguilar