Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default We are being shafted.

Featured Sponsor

I know you Americans might struggle with this.... BUT TRUST ME ,,,IT'S HAPPENING

We ( us Irish ) are being forced out of our job over here... Due to sectarianism / racism ...

We've got a " new " line manager.... ( well new to be in charge of us..) He hates " us Irish "
    Catholics... He's a staunch RANGERS fan... ( Protestant ). He's made no secret of the fact he wants us GONE....
    So how do ya think you could get rid of men nowadays...

WELL here's his plan... Firstly do away with weekend working... So we can't do 10 days on 4 off.
    Make us work , 5 days a week.
    That doesnt sound to bad.... But this would mean flying home Saturday morning and back Sunday evening... Not much family life there.....

And then to put a final nail in the coffin.... Split us up.. Send each of us to a new crew. ( divide and conquer ) .....
    Then dis allow company vehicles from going to the airport.... ( I've my own car over here but the other lads don't )

So our days are numbered.. :-( But I will fight tooth and nail against it... Maybe he will slip up and we will be able to get a court case up ....

Other than that. We are SCREWED...

DON'T MIND MOVING ON....... BUT HATE THE THOUGHT THAT RACISIM IS STILL RIFE IN 2012.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Ummmmmmmm I hate to hear that but Ummmmmmmm there are a lotta supervisors that cant lead. They only know how to intimidate the workforce. It just may be possible to go thru legal channels and prove him racist and have him held personally responsible.

Bren,

Unless anything has changed, we have an old arrangement called "custom and practice". I think it still stands but to be fair it's been a long while since I've been employed (I do the employing these days)

Anyway, if you've been 10on 4off for a long while, the little p**** can't suddenly change it because he wants to. I remember many years ago going from two man on call to single man and we done quite nicely out of that change.

Have a goggle for Acas and give 'em a call. The advice is free and normally spot on the mark

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Ummmmmmmm I hate to hear that but Ummmmmmmm there are a lotta supervisors that cant lead. They only know how to intimidate the workforce. It just may be possible to go thru legal channels and prove him racist and have him held personally responsible.
    I'm not one for BULLY'S ... And I always think the best form of defence is attack..
    I will get the lads together mon morning... I propose writing a letter to express our concerns .
    So we've written proof that " constructive" dismissal is happening... I will also email our concerns to the head of the company... At least we've a paper trail and not just our word against his...
    By acting first " officially " at least they can't deny that we raised the issue...

And stu,s idea of contacting acas is also a good idea...

Custom and practise is all very well. But if they bring out new contracts.......... It might be a case of TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT...

Either way this ain't going away any time soon...

There's loads of work about at the moment... So at least we've a PLAN B...

I'm just not happy that people " any where " are still open to racial abuse....
    The quality of our work has never been in question. And we should be judged on that ALONE !

Blog Entries

Good 2 have a plan "b" but most Irishmen I'm aquainted with, myself being a half breed, are fighters and would meet this piss ant head on. Hang in there Bren, out last his ass...
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Is this goof a head hunter for the company? Does the company hold the same views he has? That would be rather interesting news to have a big company practicing racism. Whoever hires a company like that is also part of a racist bent and it isnt good to have that sort of reputation now a days. I think he needs to watch his motives, and whoever hired him would want to protect their reputation.

Good luck Bren, to you and your crew.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    Good 2 have a plan "b" but most Irishmen I'm aquainted with, myself being a half breed, are fighters and would meet this piss ant head on. Hang in there Bren, out last his ass...
    Thanks for your support ....

Didn't mention plan C....

THAT INVOLVES ....... Well I better not say..... But I've friends in low places....
    And although I would love to personally administer retribution ... With age comes wisdom...

And let's just say the out come is what's important ... ( and no DNA trail ... )

Default We work for

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    Is this goof a head hunter for the company? Does the company hold the same views he has? That would be rather interesting news to have a big company practicing racism. Whoever hires a company like that is also part of a racist bent and it isnt good to have that sort of reputation now a days. I think he needs to watch his motives, and whoever hired him would want to protect their reputation.

Good luck Bren, to you and your crew.
    We all work for the same company....

He's run his teams over the east coast... For years...

He ain't stupid... He will try and make it look like we left of our own accord..

So by documenting every thing that occurs... And by writing our concerns about what " may happen" when he takes over.... ( we've already been tipped off by the guy he's replacing that he's gonna " sort us out ) We might be able to clip his wings ...
    The company preaches SAFTEY. AND EQUAL OPERTUNITIES... But it's just lip service..

I wonder if I was more obviously ( of a different race ) would we have a better case.... I think so.

As I said before,,,,,, I've worked all over the world. And been the " minority " all my working life..
    But have never experienced sectarianism like up in Scotland.... And I include working in northern Ireland in that statement... SHAME !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    Thanks for your support ....

Didn't mention plan C....

THAT INVOLVES ....... Well I better not say..... But I've friends in low places....
    And although I would love to personally administer retribution ... With age comes wisdom...

And let's just say the out come is what's important ... ( and no DNA trail ... )
    Sounds like a plan "c" I would endorse......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Featured Sponsorr

Is this the same guy that said you don't need water or a working crapper sounds like a real piece of work, we've a rule of sorts that has been upheld by numerous arbitrators called past practice that says if there isn't specific language in the contract about a work practice then past practice is the rule you go by. It's to bad you couldn't record the piece of s*** on a rant about your or any bodies ethnic background. Keep the faith.