Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please explain

Default Please explain

Featured Sponsor

Why would a union BA tell union lineman no to sign a reciept og an APPA SAfety manual? Does anyone really believe that not signing this makes them not accountable?
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Blog Entries

Were any conditions set forth in the manual unilaterally amended, deleted, or changed in any way by the employer?
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter View Post
    Why would a union BA tell union lineman no to sign a reciept og an APPA SAfety manual? Does anyone really believe that not signing this makes them not accountable?
    Ummmmmmm If you look closely it may also state that by signing this I agree with the rules and understand them. what if you neither agreee with them nor understand them? I agree that its purdy poor advice but that BA is thinking down the road in a legal setting.
    Its purdy common to require an employee to sign to acknowledge receipt of the safety manual but that dont mean they either agree with it or understand it

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    Were any conditions set forth in the manual unilaterally amended, deleted, or changed in any way by the employer?
    The exact APPA Manual, no changes.
    Note to self, just because it pops into my head doesn't mean it should come out of my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Ummmmmmm If you look closely it may also state that by signing this I agree with the rules and understand them. what if you neither agreee with them nor understand them? I agree that its purdy poor advice but that BA is thinking down the road in a legal setting.
    Its purdy common to require an employee to sign to acknowledge receipt of the safety manual but that dont mean they either agree with it or understand it
    Just a reciept, not an acknowledgement of agreement or understanding.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by duckhunter View Post
    The exact APPA Manual, no changes.
    Has there been any part of, or is there any dispute with any provision within the manual? Has the safety manual been used as a disciplinary tool in the recent past? Is this action by the BM a recent development?
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Blog Entries

I'm not sure how the Sherman Rielly ad got in my post...............

Ummmmmmmm I bleve Byron put it there fera extra nickle

We go by the APPA safety manual and every few years a new one will come out, we meet a few times and strike a few of the things like ground to ground rubber gloves, sleeves, things in general that don't apply hear etc, etc, and we all are asked to sign a sheet that acknowledges we received the new safety manual.

Featured Sponsorr

It's the signature thing that's bothering me. They could just tick your name off on a sheet of paper to note that you have received a new copy, but by getting a signature it becomes a legally binding document that can be used as a waiver of liability for your safety or to force well concealed rule modifications on you.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com