Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Recent Falls from Towers

Featured Sponsor

We have two IBEW members that have lost their lives due to fall from towers. One from Bonneville Power and one from Nevada Energy. Keep their families and girl friends in your prayers. Thanks
    Ed Mings
    International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
    International Representative
    Construction and Maintenance Department

heard about the one from bonneville. Did the one from nevada have anything to do from a harness failure? Any info from either accident would be a great help. My prayers go out to each brother and their family. God bless.
    just because you cover a pile of sh*t with syrup doesn't make it a pancake.

Thanks for the update Ed,sad to hear about anyone losing their life while just trying to make a living.

Default A few years ago.

I had to go to court when a painter fell from a tower... ( the old bailey in London ) ...

The coroner gave the cause of death as " SUDDEN DE ACELERATION TRAUMA ". Talk about making something more convoluted than is required ....

Thoughts to their loved ones... X X
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

The only information I have at this time on the Nevada accident.

Ed we just lost a fellow brother Herbie Goforth, Journeyman Lineman. He just topped out last week and would have been 30 years tomorrow.
    He fell approx 100’ off of a 500KV line tower.

I beleive the funeral was today?
    Ed Mings
    International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
    International Representative
    Construction and Maintenance Department

6. Default

I dont know what happened in this accident, and i have a buddy that works for nevada power. What i did here was Herbie goforth was a week from getting married. His fiance will probably stuggle to get financially right because there really isnt anything in place to help significant others in a tradgedy like this. I would encourage showups to pass a hat for her. you can call local 396 in vegas to get information on how to help her. Im sure anything would be greatly appreciated

7. Default Falling accidents

If anyone is familiar with my posts and feelings about falling accidents then you know that I believe in fall protection from the ground up and back down. 100% of the time, no exceptions.
    That's a hard pill to swallow for those who have spent years in the trade free climbing.
    I'd be the first to agree that it is a pain in the butt, but it prevents this kind of thing.
    I didn't start out this way but as I got older and hopefully wiser. I realized that people were dying doing the same things I was doing.
    I free climbed walked across the lattice beams without thinking that during assembly someone forgot to secure the steel with a bolt or that it vibrated loose and fell away.
    If that was the case I would have also fallen to certain death.
    Looking back I was a fool and so were the rest of the crew. We survived by luck not good management or judgement.
    Currently your supposed to be secured if you could fall more than 6 ft. In fact people have died slipping and falling on the sidewalk.
    How come this worker, his supervisor or this company didn't prevent this by following current legislation aimed at risk takers like I used to be or this poor fellow who leaves a path of destruction for loved ones to walk alone.
    The Old Lineman

8. Default

Where do you guy's read about Accidents ?

Quote Originally Posted by brs View Post
    Where do you guy's read about Accidents ?
    Contacts,friends,other lineman,foreman,apprentices,helpers,Unions,the company itself,the news,the internet.....and finally through some Obituaries.

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Okay Thanks . Everything I hear just about I hear on here !! and Our Safety man that comes onece a month...