Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Wadaya get. ??????????

Featured Sponsor

Ok the time has come to ask you guys on here what kinda money we earn as a linesman ?

I've converted my rate into dollars ( at today's rate of one pound being worth one point six dollars)

Don't want any B.S. if you don't want to say what your paid you can just post " higher " or "lower "

OK ...WE ARE PAID ( as an LE 1. " a fully qualified linesman ")

$27.68 per hour. Plus $56 per day expenses. We do a ten hour day... Therefore $276.80 + $56
    Equates to $332.80 per day.... Which is $1664 dollars per week...

I know everything is relative.. Cost of living etc etc etc...

BUT I've always only posted the truth ... So lets see if anyone is prepared to talk about what they earn... MIGHT BE INTERESTING.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Bren I havent seen a pay scale in a few years but a lineman at the top of his grade is just above $30 per hour. I wouldn't know what the per deim is now I do hear of guys working enough OT to clear 6 digits in a year. This is all based on cost of living in different areas also. Some places you can make less and live better, and other places you make more and barely get by after taxes and cost of living.

Your in the ball park.

I get 320 a day on a 8 hour day.

Journeyman rate for contractors in BC is $45.42. All OT is double time. The outfit I work for has so much work right now (and for the next couple years), that most of our lineman are in the $200 000 to $250 000 range, annually.

The going rate for a journeyman is $38 and change up till last June, the union just shot down the Co offer 97 % no vote lot of problems with lack of staff and forced OT. This is the utility rate the contractors get a little more $.

JL in NS Canada is 36 plus change with $145.00 a day Room & board

In Ontario an Ibew lineman is $38.00 per hour plus $111.00 a day for room and board.Ot is double time or I don't work it

Default Seems ok to me

I've been trying to work your maths backwards Bren,

Given you're employed and get your van etc I reckon it's pretty fair money. I know my guys don't have to put up with the same risks or climate you guys do but ...

Stu

Default Make it easy

Quote Originally Posted by stulittle View Post
    I've been trying to work your maths backwards Bren,

Given you're employed and get your van etc I reckon it's pretty fair money. I know my guys don't have to put up with the same risks or climate you guys do but ...

Stu
    Make it easy for ya stu.....
    We are on £17.30 per hour plus £35 per day lodge allowance ( tax free )

Well we did... Found out today I'm charge hand.... £18.75 per hour..

Only here a day an I've been promoted..
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Featured Sponsorr

That sounds like a decent enough rate Bren. Screw the little bit extra for a whole load of responsibility though.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com