Thread: Long Line

Default Long Line

Featured Sponsor

This is a video of me long lining from last year. The video goes orange when I put the phone in my pocket to connect to the long line then it comes back out to shoot the rest of the video. It was a short hop to the line.

We ended up losing a phase when the epoxilator broke after we dead-ended it. We were on 12 foot "baker boards". The phase was grounded. It took off and landed on a 69KV line that was energized. This caused a fire that burned about 80 acres.

This is a video of the fire. It was in Junction City, CA. Way up in the mountains.

Last edited by torren61; 10-30-2012 at 09:00 PM.

cool pics...I dont feel bad anymore....so your the one that burned the world down,...Im the one who got blamed.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    cool pics...I dont feel bad anymore....so your the one that burned the world down,...Im the one who got blamed.
    Lol! Thanks Brother. I'm the one who told them it was you.

Nice vid and pics.. looks like H&M?

Quote Originally Posted by ntxhand View Post
    Nice vid and pics.. looks like H&M?
    Thanks! That was United Power. They're a minority sister company with Par.

Florida in the winter Canada in the summer.

Working from a long line under a helicopter we always called "Dope On A Rope".

That type of work is covered by FAA. If it was under OSHA jurisdiction it would not happen.

What kind of weight limits are those epoxilators good for anyway...another words...how did it break?

What kind of weight limits are those epoxilators good for anyway...another words...how did it break?
    The ones we use for distribution up to 69 kv are rated for either 15000 lbs or 20000 lbs depending on which one you select.

Good question. I don't know. If you look at the picture, you can see half of the fiberglass end is smooth and half is pulled apart. I think only half was properly glued.

As far as the weight/strain limits, I'm not sure. I think lewy's answer sounds about right.

Name:  Scan 1.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  10.9 KBName:  Scan 2.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  11.7 KBName:  Scan 3.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  9.3 KBName:  Scan 4.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  11.1 KBName:  Scan 5.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  12.6 KB

Featured Sponsorr

When they first came out,I really had my doubts....I figured the weather would make fools of somebody for buying them....as it turned out they made me the fool .