Default Fitted a nudger today

Featured Sponsor

Well that's what we call them anyway..started with that leaning over pole in the middle of pic one.
    We took the " nudger" down from another pole..and transferred it to this one as part of a diversion.
    The weather stayed dry ...
    The only problem was our lack of gear...as a new van we were I'll equipped .. We had to go borrowing from other crews... Spent more time rummaging in other crews vans than doing the job..

Hate being unprepared ... Gonna make sure we are better equipped next job...
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

2. Default the terrain looks good

the terrain looks good nice flat open fields, what sort of transport have ye? defender? you can hardly drive into the fields can ye?

Default Transit vans

Quote Originally Posted by jdmjza70r View Post
    the terrain looks good nice flat open fields, what sort of transport have ye? defender? you can hardly drive into the fields can ye?
    We dropped it with a rope straight into the back of a transit van..
    Then pulled it up with a land rover , with a winch bond. Nice dry field.. ( and the new transits are fitted with traction control ) ....

4. Default defender

transit with traction controll or not its hard yo beat a defender on the soft stuff. they didnt express any interest in taking on any more mayo men today by any chance?

Default Too buzy

Bit busy yesterday .. I will get on their case when I see them..

I will ring ya the weekend.. I've a few other connections.. We will keep pushing here but to keep your options open I've a number for ya ... ( when I find it ) of a guy who will sort ya out straight away it's still with freedom but its bit further south...
    But as I said.. I'm still pushing for ya to start in Wales .... Big companies work at a very slow rate when it comes to hireing .. Big wheels turn slowly. We've still got to do about 5 more courses/ tests before we are fully authorised on their system.

6. Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    Bit busy yesterday .. I will get on their case when I see them..

I will ring ya the weekend.. I've a few other connections.. We will keep pushing here but to keep your options open I've a number for ya ... ( when I find it ) of a guy who will sort ya out straight away it's still with freedom but its bit further south...
    But as I said.. I'm still pushing for ya to start in Wales .... Big companies work at a very slow rate when it comes to hireing .. Big wheels turn slowly. We've still got to do about 5 more courses/ tests before we are fully authorised on their system.
    Thanks for all your doing for me bren, i dont mean to be a pain in the arse, im just gettin a bit excited i suppose,

Nudger=capacitor bank?

Default Eh !

Quote Originally Posted by torren61 View Post
    Nudger=capacitor bank?
    NO

It's a pmr ( pole mounted re closure. ).. It is operated remotely .. Has its own aerial so it can be operated from the control room..... The brand name is "nodger". We've always called them nudgers...

Default Saw the ideal vehicle for you last week

Featured Sponsorr

I was in our local ford dealer getting a bit of warranty work done on my Ranger and they had an ex-demo 4x4 transit for sale.

I can remember the old transit county's that used to be about and were 4x4 but apparently they've now added 4x4 back to the transit options list. With decent tyres it could be a good solution for lots of companies as the landies tend to have a lack of storage (like the rangers) but a normal transit or vivaro will struggle on wet and muddy ground as I've found out before.

Stu