Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default I knew someone was going to get hure with that buxksqueeae.

Featured Sponsor

The dreaded buck squeeze did a number. Kid climbed a pole. Above the pbone the pole broke and flew xown hugging the can. In the old days they uze to teach if you get froze kick out. If some thing goes bad bail amd reach for the phone. Now your trapped. If sometbing goes bad they have to cut your carcass off the pole with that green or yellow monztrousity of safety. The kids alright.

2. Default Safety Hurts

I guess they did the math about pole failure and said lets do it, tie them to the pole..uh oh..

Default it happens

Poles jut break it happens with all the multiple communication attachments and drill holes. Just saying why was he climbing? Did he have a truck available and just claimed for the heck of it? Working it from a bucket just eliminates risk exponentially. Just Saying work smart not hard use the truck.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
    The dreaded buck squeeze did a number. Kid climbed a pole. Above the pbone the pole broke and flew xown hugging the can. In the old days they uze to teach if you get froze kick out. If some thing goes bad bail amd reach for the phone. Now your trapped. If sometbing goes bad they have to cut your carcass off the pole with that green or yellow monztrousity of safety. The kids alright.
    I realize that I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, however, I do have a lot of pride in our trade and believe that linemen who are commited to this trade are above the ordinary run of the mill worker. We should be proud of ourselves and protrude a good image for others to see.
    With this in mind I am totally confused by you guys who must purposefully try to misspell words to the point where the posts become the laughing stock. It demeans all of us.
    Before I let my posts go, I have caught myself referring to my Funk & Wagnall several times over the years just to make sure it's right, even with this I've messed up from time to time.
    Maybe I'm just an old prefectionest but why make an effort to look stupid? Why not put the same effort into looking smart.
    Our trade deserves to be thought of as being a cut above in my opinion.
    The Old Lineman

I have to agree with you, Oldlineman. This is one trade where a man should have pride in his skills, and taking a minute to check your post before ending is no different then checking over a new installation before energizing. Not to lessen the purpose of the fellas post because apparently this bucksqueeze is a real issue with guys.

Default You knew it huh

Sounds to me that you and others are on a witch hunt with the bucksqueeze. Lets not ever talk about the times past and present that it saves guys butts.

I read the original post a number of times and it starts out blaming the Bucksqueeze for the incident and eluded that someone was hurt when in fact the worker appaently didn't check the pole before and during climbing, which may have given a clue to a failure. Then the post ended with the kids alright????? so beside taking a ride down and getting lucky, how did the squeeze contribute to the accident? I have known of guys riding one down the old way and getting hurt pretty badley.

I never had to use the squeeze, and I watched a bunch of lads trained on it's use. I'm not in favor of it, but it wasn't going away by making it look bad when it isn't.

I too am not a fan of the squeeze,dont care one bit for it....(but) if its the law of the land let it be...it is what it is...so get used to it or start your own business and do it your way.

Default you guys cant be lineman. you must be some corporate yes men utility su,ks.

If you ever visited a friend in a burn unit because he didnt bail off a pole and cant walk because he o.ly jas 40 per cent of his muscle tissue you corporate rule loving isiots would have a change of mind. And for the bucket guy, you must live in linemans dream of bucket accessable poles. And for the idiot english lineman processor most lineman misspell, actually the better ones cant read or write. For all those that have to climb everyday for our pay, we dont use that piece of ****. And I never seen a guy named OSHA climb a pole. "Built by Lineman for Lineman" what a joke. Some of the responses sound like you men are dressmaker or hair dressers. Are tpu serious. Tbat iece of shot contraption is garbage and everyone knows it. And if ypu dont know it, ypu cant be a lineman of any value or worth. As far as my spellig I jave worked 16 hours a day and these little keys on my phone suck.

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by bobbo View Post
    If you ever visited a friend in a burn unit because he didnt bail off a pole and cant walk because he o.ly jas 40 per cent of his muscle tissue you corporate rule loving isiots would have a change of mind. And for the bucket guy, you must live in linemans dream of bucket accessable poles. And for the idiot english lineman processor most lineman misspell, actually the better ones cant read or write. For all those that have to climb everyday for our pay, we dont use that piece of ****. And I never seen a guy named OSHA climb a pole. "Built by Lineman for Lineman" what a joke. Some of the responses sound like you men are dressmaker or hair dressers. Are tpu serious. Tbat iece of shot contraption is garbage and everyone knows it. And if ypu dont know it, ypu cant be a lineman of any value or worth. As far as my spellig I jave worked 16 hours a day and these little keys on my phone suck.
    I had to chuckle to myself when I read your post. It sounds like,"Mirror, mirror on the wall. Who is the fairest of them all".
    You tarred everybody with the same brush. My, it must be nice to think that your better than everyone else and every safety device is a stupid idea because you don't believe in it.
    When I was about 20 years old when my best friend died in a minor car accident. When the car spun around he fell out of the door and the car skidded over him breaking his neck. It cost less than $300.00 to fix the car, but my friend paid the ultimate price for not being belted-in. Seat belts weren't in cars in those days.
    I immediately installed lap seat belts (the only ones available then) the next day in my 57 Chevy. Never been a mile with out them ever since.
    The fall protection will go the same way. You can fight it all the way but you are so insignificant.
    The Old Lineman