Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Default

Featured Sponsor

THAT's it!! Quincy Market! What a COOL Place. I just LOVE Boston!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trouble1 View Post
    The market is called Quincy Market across from Faneuil Hall. Good place to walk around/eat/drink/spend money. North End(Italian area) is right around the corner and is anther good place to do the same thing. You can follow the Freedom Trail which is a red brick trail that pretty much hits all the historic sights of Boston. You can easily walk it in a day. Go through the common and check out Newbury Street if you want your wife to blow through a months worth of pay on a pair of shoes. Check out Fenway from the outside and grab another drink. If you want a good dinner head over to the South End(not much to see during the day and not to be confused with Southie)for trendy small restaurants. Legal Seafoods is a good place for seafood for lunch or dinner even though it's kind of a chain around here. Eat at the one at the Seaport by the World Trade Center if it's a nice day for good views of the harbor.

Take a duck boat tour. If it's cold out, the boat goes on the water so be prepared. I lived in and out of Boston for 10 years and I went out with people that were visiting and it was fun and I normally wouldn't interested in touristy things.

As for theater? Don't have a clue. Blue Man Group is here every weekend and is a good compromise if you're trying to please your wife and not want to kill yourself doing it.

If you can, go to a Bruins game since it looks like they will be playing now. Hockey games are a great time around here even if you're not a huge hockey fan.

If you like to drink, stop in any bar any time of day and there will be people there. It's Boston's favorite pass time.

You can walk around any place in Boston and you will be safe. The outer neighborhoods which are still Boston are not as safe, but you have no reason to be there because there is nothing to see.
    Everything Trouble1 says is good. Duck tours must be booked in advance so go online now. Also if you like history google 'Boston by foot'. It's a guided walking tour of the historic areas. Walk around Beacon Hill where the special people live too! Narrow cobble stone streets. That time of year will be cold for you so dress warm! Have fun!
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Thanks Trouble. That is a lot of great advice along with your guide cliff notes. Oh and welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by loodvig View Post
    Everything Trouble1 says is good. Duck tours must be booked in advance so go online now. Also if you like history google 'Boston by foot'. It's a guided walking tour of the historic areas. Walk around Beacon Hill where the special people live too! Narrow cobble stone streets. That time of year will be cold for you so dress warm! Have fun!
    LOL Yeah for ME Loo it's gonna be really dag gum cold! Actually freezing cold!

Thanks for the 'Boston by foot' I'll check it out.

I should look up this Blue Men thing. I've seen it around, but was never interested enough to check into it to see what it is all about. They look silly enough, that is for sure.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by LostArt View Post
    Thanks Trouble. That is a lot of great advice along with your guide cliff notes. Oh and welcome!

LOL Yeah for ME Loo it's gonna be really dag gum cold! Actually freezing cold!

Thanks for the 'Boston by foot' I'll check it out.

I should look up this Blue Men thing. I've seen it around, but was never interested enough to check into it to see what it is all about. They look silly enough, that is for sure.
    Check out 'Jersey Boys', I'm not sure if that show will still be in town in march, but it's a great show.
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!