Default do ya carry a multi tool. ?

Featured Sponsor

As a lines man. I've always carried a muti tool.
    I've tended to favour the leatherman ... But I got myself a. Gerber for christmas.
    The leather man has seen better days an ivebroken a few of the attachments.

DO YOU GUYS carry one with ya at all times like me. ?

Just wondering. Mine have got me out of trouble on so many ocassions I couldn't go up a ple now wuth out one. Or away on my bike either for that matter.

Liking the gerber a lot at the moment. Think its time to retire the old leatherman.. Its had a hard life.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Ummmm I have sumpin very similar that I keep in my boat. ai reckon yer the guy that buys them swiss army knifes too huh?

Default Swiss army

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Ummmm I have sumpin very similar that I keep in my boat. ai reckon yer the guy that buys them swiss army knifes too huh?
    Never owned a Swiss Army knife.... Poot.

Question ? As the Swiss have never been to war. How effective would the Swiss army knive be
    in battle ?????????? Would the opposition flee when they saw the FIERCE ATTACHMENT " that gets stones from " horses hooves ". ?

I squirm when I see all-metal multi-tools being used to interfere with electrical equipment as happens in the entertainment industry quite regularly. That said, I do have one and very occasionally interfere with electrical equipment with it too.

Bren, are you aware that Leatherman tools really do carry a lifetime guarantee, even when quite seriously abused? I managed to snap a screwdriver and the tip of the pliers on a single stubborn task and sent it to the repair agent to see what would happen. I got a brand new Leatherman Core back.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

If you do decide to send your tool in for a warranty service you can send it to:-

Whitby & Co.
    Aynam Mills
    Canal Head North
    Kendal
    Cumbria
    LA9 7BY

They recommend packaging the tool securely and sending it by a recorded postage service without the sheath for some reason.

You also send your name, return address, phone number and a description of the problems.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default Nice one clive

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    If you do decide to send your tool in for a warranty service you can send it to:-

Whitby & Co.
    Aynam Mills
    Canal Head North
    Kendal
    Cumbria
    LA9 7BY

They recommend packaging the tool securely and sending it by a recorded postage service without the sheath for some reason.

You also send your name, return address, phone number and a description of the problems.
    Thanks Clive wouldn't of thought of sending it back ... I will do that post haste.

Mind you I'm not so irish as to not put a return address on it . " sure how where would they know where to send it "

And would they not know the problem by looking at the broken one I sent back, ?

Anyway . I will lash that in the post ASAP.

I never had a mulit tool as a Troubleshooter, but I did keep one on every motorcycle I took on long trips. Never know when something like that might come in handy.
    I also have one of the small Swiss Army knives with a knife blade, a file/screwdriver, a scissors, a tweezers and a tooth pick I share with wife on rare occasions
    I don't leave home without it

8. Default

Yup.

Carried and Love my Gerber..."Multi" tool....for years.

Right on my Belt...My Pants belt...not my Line belt.

http://www.rei.com/product/769156/ge...9-001b2166c62d

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    Bren, are you aware that Leatherman tools really do carry a lifetime guarantee, even when quite seriously abused? .
    Actually it is 25 years for warranty http://www.leatherman.com/support/nawarranty