Thread: Alien slime.

Default Alien slime.

Featured Sponsor

Something happened today that I don't recall experiencing before. I was undoing some outdoor connectors and most had some water (and ice!) in them. But two out of over 1000 connectors were full of clear oozing slime that dripped out in big strands like Alien slobber. I can only guess that some little insect is involved and adds something to the water to make it like antifreeze or a protective gel. Weird. And keep in mind this is Scotland where we don't get too many exotic insects.

Any ideas on what might do this?
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

I have to hand it to you Clive....alien slime,that could be a movie or something,great imagination anyway...check with Bren...it could be a boss from the past????

could be Ray Nagin...he is in deep---- right now

Have you found out what it was Clive?

Not yet. I haven't a clue.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

It was gingers that did it
    engineers aren,t god,s

So the Gingers bleed green Mac? Crazy hammer knocker!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    But two out of over 1000 connectors were full of clear oozing slime that dripped out in big strands like Alien slobber. I can only guess that some little insect is involved and adds something to the water to make it like antifreeze or a protective gel. Weird. And keep in mind this is Scotland where we don't get too many exotic insects.

Any ideas on what might do this?
    2 out of a Thousand. REALLY

interesting.

I'd have **** sure taken a picture of that Slime, with my cell phone. That is Weird Clive.

I Personally would just like to see the type of "connection Boxes" you're talkin about.

It is interesting, that only 2 out of 1000 connection boxes had this "slime". I wouldn't attribute it to anything "insect, or organic" related.

How bout this....
    Some bugger Snotet in it...sealed it back up, and left it for the next Bloke!

Was it underground wire? Was it the slippery/snot stuff they use to pull in the wire?
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Featured Sponsorr

Nope. It's aerial and it's me that put them up in October and I refrained from snotting in them. I had a clump of three do the same thing today, but none of the others fed from that or the adjacent pole. I took a close look at the slimers and saw nothing externally that could have caused it. Perhaps I should crack one open, although it's darn cold at the moment, so the less time I spend up there fumbling with tools the better. And besides, it might have a scary thing inside.

www.bigclive.com