Thread: new vans today

Default new vans today

Featured Sponsor

Got our new mercedes vans today.
    Old transits changed for these. ( The old transits are only 6 months old )

Aparently we've changed the contract for a new lease hire company.
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by bren guzzi; 01-25-2013 at 08:53 AM.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Nothing like outfiting and stocking a new truck in a blizzard

When I wrote this there was a picture of cars parked in a blizzard, not two pics of the new vans. . . .never mind

Default doooooh. !

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    Nothing like outfiting and stocking a new truck in a blizzard

When I wrote this there was a picture of cars parked in a blizzard, not two pics of the new vans. . . .never mind
    Sorry T man my fault. Pressed wrong picture.

Quote Originally Posted by bren guzzi View Post
    Sorry T man my fault. Pressed wrong picture.
    Ya got me that time. . . .im not a ginger ya know. Mines white, or shall we call it silver?

Let me know how you get on driving them. Having tried many vans I absolutely HATED the Mercedes ones because they were totally unsuitable for a tall driver with big feet. The Transits are my first choice for actual driver comfort.

And just in case anyone thinks the Mercedes badge indicates vans with a pedigree... Nope, it's just a posh badge on a pile of ill designed junk.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default Better

Quote Originally Posted by BigClive View Post
    Let me know how you get on driving them. Having tried many vans I absolutely HATED the Mercedes ones because they were totally unsuitable for a tall driver with big feet. The Transits are my first choice for actual driver comfort.

And just in case anyone thinks the Mercedes badge indicates vans with a pedigree... Nope, it's just a posh badge on a pile of ill designed junk.
    I will take a picture of the inside ... The back is kitted out fantastically.

Proper shelving. Well sorted. It's even got an inverter so we've got two 240 sockets in the back. And the hot water dispenser. I let the other guy drive. Can't be @rsed.

Default iside

The inside of our new van.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Default Watch the batteries

I'm sure you've worked it out but watch the batteries with that inverter.

It's great being able to boil the kettle off the van all day long but a right pain in the ar$e when youcan't start the **** thing to drive home.

We've got 1KW ones on a couple of our trucks but got them hooked up to a second battery that also runs the work lights, beacons etc so no matter what the truck will start and then charges the second battery on the way home

Stu

Quote Originally Posted by stulittle View Post
    I'm sure you've worked it out but watch the batteries with that inverter.

It's great being able to boil the kettle off the van all day long but a right pain in the ar$e when youcan't start the **** thing to drive home.

We've got 1KW ones on a couple of our trucks but got them hooked up to a second battery that also runs the work lights, beacons etc so no matter what the truck will start and then charges the second battery on the way home

Stu
    If you are worried about your battery's you should look into something like this. http://chargeguard.havis.com/ we have them in all of our vehicles.

Default It's called Battery guard over here

Featured Sponsorr

Lewy,

We've got a bit of kit called battery guard in the uk which looks pretty similar. There's another used mainly on ambulances that selectively turns kit off as the volts drop to maintain supplies on vital kit as long as possible.

We took the two battery approach with the "equipment" battery disconnected by relays from the vehicle when the engine isn't running (charging) so worst case the lights fail but generally they will last a whole day (or night) as they are all LED. That way if you start running low you've got the option to start the vehicle and let it charge the second battery whilst having a break.

Stu