Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Texas accident?

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Umm I hadda buddy that was onna pole n when r cut down a wire the pole fell n he hadda ride it down broke bof laigs n his wrist n one foothe wua in icu fera week wont be walkin agin fer 3months
    Hope he gets well soon Poot...Ill have to ask around a bit and get the info on the latest accident here concerning Centerpoint Energy.Ill get that info,just might take a few days....dont know if the accident he was talking about had anything to do with the tree trimmers,but there was one that happened in the last week....you wouldnt think it would involve a steel pole or a concrete pole.....(but) in this business,you never know until you know.

Default the story I got

Made a call to a Centerpoint lineman that Ive known since the 80s......A large crew from one service center was sent to another service centers area......somewhere in the process they had to go and get some ladders.....this was a steel pole.......while jacking up the wire from the ladders the pole gave away......in the ground it had rusted.....Im hearing that there was two ladders being used by two lineman.....don't know the height......both were hurt and one remains in the hospital.....both have broken limbs and facial injuries.....I know the one still in the hospital....he must be in his 50's.......I asked about the tree trimmers......I was told they were the reason for the wire going down in the first place...............that's all I know.......Ive worked in that area and most of the steel poles are mounted on a concrete peir..........maybe this one was direct buried.......don't know for sure.

I have a buddy that still works for Centerpoint ....many friends....but this guy I talked about in another thread....he was in the supervisors office about every two weeks....the guy almost lived in there.....the supervisor hated him.....very accident prone lineman....but he remains there to this day......once he was on a pole with an closed delta bank,him and another guy......the pole fell......this time when he went back to the supervisors office it wasnt because he was hurt......the pole was stopped by a garage roof.....that roof might have saved two lives that day.........but I think the old supervisor hated that garage being there.....just had to know the old time supervisor to be able to say that.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Thanks guys...well I will try giving you all that I have found out.I cant go into all the details,as many of you can understand,lets just hope this info will help others in the future,I cant give all the particulars,the exacts/ect.....12kv....4 - 6 employees in the process of building a bypass,dont know the amount of spans/ect.....Under the already energized conductors was an insulator,dead-endingthe pea-vine size primarys that was to feed in two directions.(Note) These two primarys were dead-ended on the same insulator,both of them having two seperate high-side jumpers.(Again) the preforms were back to back on the same insulator. An employee makes one jumper hot,the other jumper is still hanging in the clear......So when that jumper is energized ,it also energizes the primary feeding in the other direction through the preforms that are dead-ended on the same insulator.Towards that direction was the now deceased lineman that made contact with the now energized wire.............Im hoping that all the lineman involved in this tragedy will find peace with themselves someday....this accident happened around 3 pm on a clear pretty friday.....Thats all I have.
    Talked to my friend and Centerpoint contact today..................well they are still waiting on OSHA............???????????.......guess the company will make its decision after OSHA MAKES THEIRS..............Its been a few months now...Ill keep you all posted on what they say.....if they say anything at all.