Thread: Be careful

Default Be careful

Featured Sponsor

Hey all you young fellas looking to get into the trade beware of snakes in the grass. Don't let any employer con you into signing any kind of special work agreement. I have started hearing a story of a young fella getting sued. Read the thread have you heard of this in the B.S section that I started.

Isn't there a chance that the employment is going to be conditional on the contract being signed?

It must be pretty galling when you train up an apprentice and they immediately leave as soon as the training is done, or even halfway through.

I'm not brown-nosing the contractors, and I'm definitely pro union. But if a company offers to train a new worker then it should only be extreme circumstances that encourage them to leave.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Ummmm at Entergy their extreme condiions are called the HR dept they re draconion and figure fring an employee ois the best way to discilpline them

Its another ball game these days....they got rid of the system that worked,you know the types.....lets fix this because its not broken....they Yes men can do nothing but agree,thats why they are called yes men.....I went to a service on wensday....ash wensday....the preacher said that nobody is necessary for this world to continue...it continues without anyone,doesnt matter who you are.......maybe thems HR people should think about that fact....maybe

I can understand a company wanting to keep a fella for a while as payback for training, but lets say the guy finds a greener pasture and decides to quit, paying back the fees for school would be reasonable, but to sue a guy for fees not yet paid and supposed income lost, because he quit , is a little beyond sanity. I just wanted to warn the young fellas looking to get into the trade to be careful of signing any kind of employment deal outside of a union contract.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by rob8210 View Post
    I can understand a company wanting to keep a fella for a while as payback for training, but lets say the guy finds a greener pasture and decides to quit, paying back the fees for school would be reasonable, but to sue a guy for fees not yet paid and supposed income lost, because he quit , is a little beyond sanity. I just wanted to warn the young fellas looking to get into the trade to be careful of signing any kind of employment deal outside of a union contract.
    I agree with you Rob, I could go along with the re-imbursement for the school fees, but all that lost income bit because the guy quit is horsecrap. Pest control company's down here make employees sign a no-compete clause before they hire them which states they won't go to work for a competing pest control company and take their customers with them, but I have never heard of anything that goes as far as what they are doing to this kid that you are speaking of.