Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    R U saying the high will be only 5 degrees?
    No Rep... It was 5 this morning... Warmer up now. It's 8... But the winds blowing about 30mph... Poot's hands would be shaking so bad he'd probably start spelling corakectly.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."

I must be getting old...it was 24 degrees this morning,took my dogs out....the Chihuahua found his favorite area and took a small poop......then I saw steam coming from his poop.....strangest thing

Umm so you spend lottsa time lookin at dawggie Poop?

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Umm so you spend lottsa time lookin at dawggie Poop?
    I wouldnt go that far....lottsa is alot.

Blog Entries

Highest I saw it get today was 8 degrees and real windy....... The skin on my face feels sun burned.....!!!!!!
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

We started out around -13 and a wind chill of around -25 maybe a little lower. Tonight it was a heat wave up to -4 but it will drop later and then tomorrow the winds will die down around noon and temps rise to 25. So it's time for the suntan lotion and a speedo!

7. Default

I'm embarrassed to say...It was 34 degrees this morning when I took the dog out. With the wind blowin...It was Friggin COLD for us Florida people.

Tonight it's suppose to only be 38 here in O'town. I'm really sorry for you guys up there in "Cold Country". I honestly couldn't deal with that.
    “He who dares not offend, cannot be honest”
    ~ Thomas Paine ~

We are holding at 6 degrees and a slight wind. I really don't mind the cold that much. It did suk working in it! Frozen snots, tears, keeping an extra pair of glove near the heater, but we did it. You get in the truck to warm up and your glasses fog up! ****! I miss all of it!
    National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Im thinking we all would agree...its that wind.....cold is one thing but when the wind is blowing 30 mph or more its another.

Unhappy Last Night

Featured Sponsorr

Had an outage on our system last night. The outage was caused by an uprooted tree that came down on what is normally the east bank of a river crossing. It was 14 degrees last night with wind and they had to use a boat to get to the tree because the river is at flood stage. Cutting the tree off the line almost dropped the tree in the boat. Then they used finger sticks to get the one broken phase out of the water; the other two phases didn't break. Before you ask the line is a radial feed with no ties on the east side of the river so it had to be repaired overnight (tree came down at 6:00pm). They spliced into the wire from the east bank and pulled the wire back to the west bank (which is higher) and they could get a truck to that "H" structure to resag the one phase. Four men for seven hours including time to go back and get the boat and extra wire for what they knew they couldn't get out of the river. Just a cold miserable time all around.