Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Featured Sponsor

Yeah, that's the worst thing about free energy. It's so darned expensive to make.

I've got a home made electrolysis cell still sitting on my kitchen window sill from my experiments a few years back. It was made with perforated sheets of stainless steel held together with nylon bolts and spacers.

When you look at the videos of electrolysis cells on YouTube they either hide, fake or misinterpret the amount of voltage and current required to produce a small amount of hydrogen and oxygen. Likewise the cars running on just hydrogen and oxygen. It probably takes more power from the battery to electrolyse that gas than it would take to just move the vehicle with the starter motor.

A friend who teaches jewellery manufacture has some really neat jewellers torches that do generate their own gas from water electrolytically. I don't think it's so much for energy efficiency as the convenience of having a tiny flame at the touch of a button without having to worry about gas tanks.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

you got it clive! Of all the water electrolysis cells I've built the best I could do was 207 watts of dc power to make 1 litre of hho.If I scaled it up to make 14 litres a minute it would take about 3000 watts and than I'ld have to seperate the hydrogen from the oxygen leaving me with only about 10 litres of hydrogen.

the math dosen't work, not even close. Thats why I'm focusing on a ethanol steam reformer. I can make ethanol easy enough with a little yeast sugar and water and than distille it to about 95% ethanol/water.

If you google " GEET fuel reformer " you'll see what I'm building, Only instead of using the waste exhaust heat from a internal combustion engine I'll be using ethanol for a heat source. I need 700 degrees celsius for this to work.

My son did the water electrolysis thing for his science project in school. He used a solar panel for the power source. WWWWAAAAAAYYYY too much work and energy for the small amount of hydrogen seperated.

Fuel cells like the Bloom Box have been around for many years. The only difference in this unit and the ones from years past is the improvement of the parts. The theory is the same. The problem is the cost to get this cheap power........

From what I have learned, if you have a damaged disc, you have to replace the whole thing. You can't replace only one disc. Kinda odd if you think about it, but I don't know.

It all boils down to price. Unless it's cheaper and more reliable than the traditional electric utility system, people won't buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by LINCRW View Post
    My son did the water electrolysis thing for his science project in school. He used a solar panel for the power source. WWWWAAAAAAYYYY too much work and energy for the small amount of hydrogen seperated.
    Yeah, but it was FUN and that's why most people do it.

If you look on YouTube there's an entire culture of loners who spend all their spare time tinkering and building stuff. My own house is pretty much one big workshop.
    Portable defibrillators were first invented to save the lives of linemen. Where's yours?

www.bigclive.com

Default Re: Bloom Box Energy Source

Featured Sponsorr

WOW.. that is some really cool technology.. However, like anything else that is brand new... VERY expensive, and is not realistic to the homeowner yet to purchase.. however if a homeowner could purchase the $3,000 dollar box and power their home.. not bad I guess.. Our power bill is about 150 per month, so the return wouldn't be too bad.. it would be paid for in less than 2 years and then would be free after that.. of course, if there is not very expensive maintenance etc, that needs to be done....

So, I guess we don't have to worry to much at this point about our jobs... we will just have to see..

Jason