Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast
  1. Default

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by topgroove View Post
    At Pike what is the training timeline like?
    ummm............ lol

I have a hard time beating pike in the ground because food is on the table right now, doesn't mean I don't agree with most of what ya'll have said but man there has to be some sense of loyalty.

Where the big problem comes in is what jb stated earlier, you get this kid that wants to be a "LINEMAN" so bad that he'll say "YEAH, I CAN DO THAT" and he gets up there and gets in a bind. We need to smell that out, don't let someone up in a bucket unless you're 1000% sure they can do the work, make them explain back to you what the task at hand is... Don't be affraid to shut the job down no matter what your title may be... Watch each others damn back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    Well said.

I know the grass is greener on the other side, 50 an hour, good lord! I make well under half of that and put my life at risk all the time... I'll just keep on learning and hope one day my knowledge will get me to those green fields ya'll speak of.

Be safe
    heres some incentive and food for thought for you and your crew. i just turned 2nd step apprentice through the cal/nev jatc and the wage hourly is $28.91. every six months i am eligible for an approx. $2 pay raise if i meet certain requirements which include ojt hours, monthly progress reports, monthly schooling and pass a step test. whatever contractor i work for they put $6.25 an hour into a pension for me on top of that hourly wage. additionally, they also pay 100% of my medical. all overtime is DOUBLETIME. sat. and sundays are DOUBLETIME. best part- on top of that they are paying for my apprenticeship. books, teachers, training etc. imagine putting yourself through 4 year college, how much do you think that would cost nowadays. on a low end maybe 40-50K. we get college credits too. i'm sure theres more i'm missing.

i'm not sure where you live but i think it would be to your benefit to check into your local union hall and do what it takes to get in.

Default ??????

You forgot to tell him Scratch, he'll get make 100K just by coming to work! Last year I pushed 200k, but that was a good year.
    Oh yeah, and he can buy new clothes, one's that don't smell like cheese!

Honestly if I was just starting over I think I'd be looking at the wind turbines. Talked to a young man yesterday who got on with a company right out of high school. They are training him, he works all over the world, last years grossed $160,000 plus $900 a week living expenses. The young man is 21 years old. Bump!

Default scabs for swamp

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    I do agree with ya about sometimes Pike does put....3 year apps. in primary positions. Not cool.

I would like to hear though....about anytime...that you know of, that Pike has crossed a picket line, to take over jobs of Men on that picket line.

Please. I'd like to know.
    Hey Swamp, We had 3 f^(#ing scab a$$, picket line crossing, rat bastard , outfits up here last year during our strike of FE. PIKE, MASTECH, and CHAIN. These are the 3 that I know of for sure, there may have been more. We are still fixin' s#!t they screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by loose neutral View Post
    Hey Swamp, We had 3 f^(#ing scab a$$, picket line crossing, rat bastard , outfits up here last year during our strike of FE. PIKE, MASTECH, and CHAIN. These are the 3 that I know of for sure, there may have been more. We are still fixin' s#!t they screwed up.
    Hey loose neutral, you wouldn't happen to have any pictures or video of the scabs? I've been searching for images of them for a couple days with no luck. I remember a picture of some toothless scab crossing a picket line in New England a while back but can't find it anywhere. Thanks Bro.

Quote Originally Posted by topgroove View Post
    Hey loose neutral, you wouldn't happen to have any pictures or video of the scabs? I've been searching for images of them for a couple days with no luck. I remember a picture of some toothless scab crossing a picket line in New England a while back but can't find it anywhere. Thanks Bro.
    Hey Groove, check your PM's

Loose

thanks bro

Quote Originally Posted by electric squirrel View Post
    You forgot to tell him Scratch, he'll get make 100K just by coming to work! Last year I pushed 200k, but that was a good year.
    Oh yeah, and he can buy new clothes, one's that don't smell like cheese!
    yeah no shit man

i doubt the jatc or l.u. wherever hotrod lives itll pay this good but i bet the training, pay and overall package will be alot better than what he's got now.

i forgot one thing. $50 a day subs for everyday worked. hotrod where do you live?

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Sounds to good to be true... Just doin linework? I live in NC I don't know how strong the union is around here... Haven't met anyone that ever talked about it, damn sure don't want to ask pike about it lol .