Default Lets keep things simple

Featured Sponsor

I dont know why this is a 12 plus minute video,,I fully understand it all in 2 seconds...Who says math isnt used in linework.....simple and easy.....excuse me...my nose is getting bigger..............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8LjxEtd8N8

if it was any of your business you would know

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    I dont know why this is a 12 plus minute video,,I fully understand it all in 2 seconds...Who says math isnt used in linework.....simple and easy.....excuse me...my nose is getting bigger..............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8LjxEtd8N8

wow...I learned this as an apprentice at BEDROCK Electric... Barney Rubble taught the class.

A few years back I needed a couple of short call hands to work services on a reconductor job that wound down. "Transmission hands" they said. "Bare wire is the middle here" I said.

The open wire was on the ground more than it was up the first day... was that you ?

3. Default

Reppy you got time. Instead of theory 101, find some videos of some interesting rigging. Remember one where crew was changing out a blind pot on a downgrade and they rigged the handline from the back of the truck to the top of the pole and used it as a zip line.

Maybe you can find the early 80's video where a car hit pole and the primary was hot, the lineman was using his shotgun stick to buzz the line to see if it was hot or not, meanwhile the chaos of the emergency 1st responders were dropping like flies hitting the hot primary.

Been looking for that one, I know some of you know which one I am talking about; I just can't find it.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rcdallas_ View Post

Maybe you can find the early 80's video where a car hit pole and the primary was hot, the lineman was using his shotgun stick to buzz the line to see if it was hot or not, meanwhile the chaos of the emergency 1st responders were dropping like flies hitting the hot primary.

Been looking for that one, I know some of you know which one I am talking about; I just can't find it.
    I have one that occurred in southern Virginia. By standers and good samaritans are all over the scene. Kid climbs from car after being told numerous times to stay in the vehicle. Power Co crew shows up. Not checking for hot at all, no grounds, crawling through the mess themselves without verifying conditions or protecting themselves or the public. False sense of security runs through everyone based on Power Co actions. Only one medic makes contact. Medic makes contact, panic ensues, CPR is performed.

Hopefully they fired that crew...

If that's the one, I have it in dvd format. If I can figure out how to convert it, I will gladly send it to you. If not, I could send you a flash drive.

5. Default

pm sent............

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I have one that occurred in southern Virginia. By standers and good samaritans are all over the scene. Kid climbs from car after being told numerous times to stay in the vehicle. Power Co crew shows up. Not checking for hot at all, no grounds, crawling through the mess themselves without verifying conditions or protecting themselves or the public. False sense of security runs through everyone based on Power Co actions. Only one medic makes contact. Medic makes contact, panic ensues, CPR is performed.

Hopefully they fired that crew...

If that's the one, I have it in dvd format. If I can figure out how to convert it, I will gladly send it to you. If not, I could send you a flash drive.
    I'm on it!

We had one situation where a drunk hit a pole and somebody crossed over the hot primary and saved the drunk.Well while walking over the primary the second time towards the highway the drunk made it but the good samarian touched it and was killed.Another I remember was a call-out...I guess it was around 4 in the morning....teenagers hit a urd live-front and ran into the home.When we arrived I buzzed the primary,knowing that it couldnt have been hot anyway.....but wait..a second ...it was still hot even though the transformer was knocked about 10-15 feet away.Eyewitnesses said after the crash the kids were looking for a football jacket and were walking all around the still live wire....it just wasnt their time I guess.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rcdallas_ View Post
    pm sent............
    Wondering if you received the videos?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Wondering if you received the videos?
    Brooks,

YOU are the MAN! That's the one I was looking for. Couple of other goodin's in there too. Thanks brother

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    This might be similar,Im sure none of us lineman here would have wanted to be the lineman shown in this video....look closely and understand what takes place..There is one injured driver,and the rescue worker arrives,he is the one who touches the live wire,now there are two injuries......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXWfuz8kEQ8
    That's the same event. The video I have is a training film for firefighters. It shows a good deal more of the event.