Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Why aren't more Apprentices and Groundmen on here?

Featured Sponsor

I really wish there was more action on the Apprentice forum. It would be really helpful to help each other out with tests, who's hiring and answering questions about the trade. I go on here everyday and there's hardly ever a new post. And when there is a new post it seems to go un-answered. It seems like this forum used to be alive a few years back, what happened?

If you want it then you need to be involved and this is a great place to learn and share and get involved. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    I really wish there was more action on the Apprentice forum. It would be really helpful to help each other out with tests, who's hiring and answering questions about the trade. I go on here everyday and there's hardly ever a new post. And when there is a new post it seems to go un-answered. It seems like this forum used to be alive a few years back, what happened?

If you want it then you need to be involved and this is a great place to learn and share and get involved. Just my 2 cents.
    Ozzy, you may be right about the liveliness. There are guys on here tho, that will try to help with answering questions from Apprentices, I try when I can. What the apes need to know is "asking dumb questions is far better than making dumb mistakes" They should fire away, not every question or problem may get handled, but they will turn up the action on here a few notches.

All the lineman on here are great. I got a ton of feed back from my shotgun jumper post in the linework forum. I just wish more apes would be on here too.

4. Default

I agree with needing to be involved. I'm waiting to hear back about an apprenticeship I applied for here in PA. Good luck to all of you who are trying to force your way in that door .

Deer, let us know what happens. Have you tested for them yet or you just applied only?

I just went on my interview for 126 today. Now i wait

7. Default

yea Ozzy i joined and stayed inactive as i was only a student and didn't really know anything, hopefully now i can stay more active

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ozzy View Post
    Deer, let us know what happens. Have you tested for them yet or you just applied only?
    I'm in the final round of a 3.5 month application process that started out with 1300 people applying for 20 positions. Physical assessments, written test, the whole bit. This is a great job, and I hope I get it.

That's how it was when I got hired by the San Diego utility. You'll love it, great work and great benefits. You'll make lifelong friends.

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

How do y'all keep from losing your mind while waiting to hear from places? Reading through these forums, it seems like the hiring process for each of these places is months long. They get a thousand or more people applying, so I can understand why it takes a lot of time to sort through everyone. So many factors in my life depend on the result of all this, and waiting is difficult!