Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
  1. Thumbs down

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Ang3lsfan7 View Post
    I think it took like 2 weeks from applying to get a test date . The physical test is broken down in three stages . First stage you lift a 30 pound grunt sack to 50’ 4 times I believe and then lift a 70’ grunt sack to 35’ once . After that you lift crates from 20 pounds to 50 pounds and then you shovel gravel into 5 gallon buckets 20 times . The rope pull took a lot of people out because the gloves they give you suck lol

thanks for the info man.. and good luck hope you get in

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Slickrick View Post
    thanks for the info man.. and good luck hope you get in

Thanks and no problem . Good luck as well

Default Yo!

Just got hired on with Edison in Southbay as a groundman!

Quote Originally Posted by Ang3lsfan7 View Post
    has anyone heard anything yet? It’s almost been two months since I took and passed the physical test and mine still all day under consideration
    I passed the tests and didn’t get my 1st interview (Santa Monica) until about 7 months later, and I didn’t get the job. Then I just had a second interview and got the offer about 3 weeks later.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Notchboiz1 View Post
    Just got hired on with Edison in Southbay as a groundman!
    Congrats dude. When do you start? I also got hired out of south bay. I heard they can only hire 2 people from each location per due to limited space at the chino training. Looks like you and i made the cut this go around!

6. Default

FrankEnstine Congrats dude. When do you start? I also got hired out of south bay. I heard they can only hire 2 people from each location per due to limited space at the chino training. Looks like you and i made the cut this go around!

congrats to you guys!!! Any insight you guys can give on interview questions?
    Also I was wondering if there’s any advice you guys could give me. I’m fresh out of NLC so I have all my certificates. Also have had a cdl for 5 years . I’ve passed all the tests SCE has given me . I’ve been waiting for 2 months since I passed the physical but still nothing . Any info is appreciated thanks .

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SLAMINSALMON View Post
    FrankEnstine Congrats dude. When do you start? I also got hired out of south bay. I heard they can only hire 2 people from each location per due to limited space at the chino training. Looks like you and i made the cut this go around!

congrats to you guys!!! Any insight you guys can give on interview questions?
    Also I was wondering if there’s any advice you guys could give me. I’m fresh out of NLC so I have all my certificates. Also have had a cdl for 5 years . I’ve passed all the tests SCE has given me . I’ve been waiting for 2 months since I passed the physical but still nothing . Any info is appreciated thanks .
    The interview was prety basic. I think it was only like 5 questions. Things like tell me about a hard decision you had to make at work. What would you do if you were approached be a angry customer ext.

As far as advice goes im not sure i have any. Im also fresh out of nlc i graduated from Oroville in nov. I just know its a waiting game. You said you passed all tests. Did you do the digital interview after the physical test? If so just hold on and wait. They say no news if good news so just try to be patient and not stress yourself out to much.

8. Default

FrankEnstine The interview was prety basic. I think it was only like 5 questions. Things like tell me about a hard decision you had to make at work. What would you do if you were approached be a angry customer ext.

As far as advice goes im not sure i have any. Im also fresh out of nlc i graduated from Oroville in nov. I just know its a waiting game. You said you passed all tests. Did you do the digital interview after the physical test? If so just hold on and wait. They say no news if good news so just try to be patient and not stress yourself out to much.

I graduated from NLC Florida in January. Applied in November while still in school. I took the cast test then the other test they give out the same day if you pass the cast test. Then had a digital interview, then got scheduled for the groundman physical but no digital interview after the physical.

did you have a digital interview after the physical test? I took my physical 1/14

thanks for the info brotha really appreciate it !!
    Last edited by SLAMINSALMON; 03-02-2020 at 01:53 PM.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SLAMINSALMON View Post

I graduated from NLC Florida in January. Applied in November while still in school. I took the cast test then the other test they give out the same day if you pass the cast test. Then had a digital interview, then got scheduled for the groundman physical but no digital interview after the physical.

did you have a digital interview after the physical test? I took my physical 1/14

thanks for the info brotha really appreciate it !!
    I did my digital interview after my physical. There is only 1 digital interview so they prob jist did things a little different this time around.
    It took about 5 or 6 weeks to get a in person interview for the yard i applied to.
    So like i said its just a waiting game now and no news is good news. just try to be patient, i know the whole process is pretty stressful but hopefully it will all be worth ot for you in the long run.

Good luck bud!

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by FrankEnstine View Post
    The interview was prety basic. I think it was only like 5 questions. Things like tell me about a hard decision you had to make at work. What would you do if you were approached be a angry customer ext.

congrats! Did you guys have any previous work experience in the field? Groundman experience?

Congrats again!