Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Featured Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by jozmo View Post
    I would add Carlos Santana , Jimi Hendrix , and Wes Montgormery .
    Yep, I said it aint easy for me to pick one.....I Love Carlos and Jimi and Wes was a monster Player......also one of my all time favs is ****ey Betts, he and Duane made some beautiful music together. Reppy, if you want to hear 2 players at the top of their craft, pick up the Allman Brothers "Live at the Fillmore East" you will never hear a live album sound or played better, anywhere, anytime.......

The Black Strat you see in my avatar was signed for me by ****ey Betts, i will never part with that one......
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Blog Entries

Lol, thats Richard"D1ckey" Betts......why would ****ey be edited.......LOL
    "It is not the critic who counts:The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena" Teddy Roosevelt

Sorry, but I still think it is SRV!

Kinda long, and starts slow, but it will be worth listening through it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAG-k...feature=fvwrel

Blog Entries

Hotwire, no doubt Stevie was a great player who received accolades as one of the best. I remember an interview with Clapton where he said he was in awe of Stevie's prowess.

I love Stevie, but I love alot of axe players, I suppose if I had to pick, even though his life was cut short, he was killed in an mc accident at 24, Duane Allman would be my go to guy.....

Default My Picks

Eric Clapton and Carlos Santana VERY RARE

It's so hard.
    Truly there are just so many, magnificant guitarists. truly magnificant.

Eric, Carlos, Stevie, Derk,...we can go on and on....Jimmy....

And all the rest that have been mentioned here in different genders of music, Rock and Roll, Country...what about BB King, and the Blues?

the never ending question, which....really can't be answered.....
    We're just lucky to be able to have this debate, AND have so many magnificant guitarists to talk about.
    with that said...one of Carlos's BEST!

http://www.youclubvideo.com/video/17...es-you-santana
    Last edited by Southpaw; 12-13-2011 at 12:37 AM.

Default is that on youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by Orgnizdlbr View Post
    Yep, I said it aint easy for me to pick one.....I Love Carlos and Jimi and Wes was a monster Player......also one of my all time favs is ****ey Betts, he and Duane made some beautiful music together. Reppy, if you want to hear 2 players at the top of their craft, pick up the Allman Brothers "Live at the Fillmore East" you will never hear a live album sound or played better, anywhere, anytime.......

The Black Strat you see in my avatar was signed for me by ****ey Betts, i will never part with that one......
    Where can i see that video,youtube?And where is the fillmore east.Heard of it before.Once i thought Nugent was good,which he is,but i cant remember when he fell and hurt his brain,he totally went lunitic.Glad swamps banned, i call it the swamp-syndrome.Many,many good guitarist,im embarrassed to say this but even kiss had a good one,forgot his name though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    Where can i see that video,youtube?And where is the fillmore east.Heard of it before.Once i thought Nugent was good,which he is,but i cant remember when he fell and hurt his brain,he totally went lunitic.Glad swamps banned, i call it the swamp-syndrome.Many,many good guitarist,im embarrassed to say this but even kiss had a good one,forgot his name though.
    It's a double album Rep, any music store, The Fillmore east was in the Village in NYC, its gone now......the Filmore west was in Frisco and is gone also......

Default Les Paul?

National Grid = Retired! US Army vet. 68 - 70
    As of April of 2010 I quit smoking! It's been hard but so far no butts! I am now an X smoker!

Featured Sponsorr

Any body remember a fella named Jeff Beck?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUWvK...eature=related

I'm not really a Beatles fan but I've always thought this was one killer cover.

L.A. Martin
    There's no such thing as "The End Of The Line!"

If you think you are worth what you know, you are very wrong. Your knowledge today does not have much value beyond a couple of years. Your value is what you can learn and how easily you can adapt to the changes this profession brings so often. -- Jose M. Aguilar