1. Default Looking for info on how to make up a handline

Featured Sponsor

Im interested in getting into this line of work ( dont have the money for a line school ) got hooks, a belt and some hand tools and even my own handline with a block, snap, and hook but dont know how to make it up the way ive seen it done in pictures. ( Looks like the number 8 with some of the rope coiled around the middle ) does anyone know of a video or link that can show me how. Ive approached a line crew by my house but they werent able to stop what they were doing to teach me ( didnt expect em to, but was worth a try ) they got a good laugh outta me walking up with a mess of a handline asking haha. Any links or websites with video instructions would be awesome or maybe somebody that knows how could make and post a video on you tube, I would be very grateful. Also i dont know any lineman personally or i would ask for a demo or instructions, nor know anybody that does know one. Thanks

2. Default

Maybe an NLC guy could post a video ?

Umm pull the hook all the way up to the block n then coil the rope upwith bout as much as you can byreaching out n grabbin the stuff n coiling it up( there will be two peices of rope in each hand) then after its all done take whats left n putting your hand thru the coil twirl it til you getbout 3 wrps on the coil then pass the stuf thru the coil n loop it over the body of coilsn give it a little yank to get it kinda tight..... n yer done

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Umm pull the hook all the way up to the block n then coil the rope upwith bout as much as you can byreaching out n grabbin the stuff n coiling it up( there will be two peices of rope in each hand) then after its all done take whats left n putting your hand thru the coil twirl it til you getbout 3 wrps on the coil then pass the stuf thru the coil n loop it over the body of coilsn give it a little yank to get it kinda tight..... n yer done
    Thank you, that actually was a pretty direct simple way of putting it.

5. Default line school

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by newhand View Post
    Im interested in getting into this line of work ( dont have the money for a line school ) got hooks, a belt and some hand tools and even my own handline with a block, snap, and hook but dont know how to make it up the way ive seen it done in pictures. ( Looks like the number 8 with some of the rope coiled around the middle ) does anyone know of a video or link that can show me how. Ive approached a line crew by my house but they werent able to stop what they were doing to teach me ( didnt expect em to, but was worth a try ) they got a good laugh outta me walking up with a mess of a handline asking haha. Any links or websites with video instructions would be awesome or maybe somebody that knows how could make and post a video on you tube, I would be very grateful. Also i dont know any lineman personally or i would ask for a demo or instructions, nor know anybody that does know one. Thanks
    You don't need a line college.. Go here its free http://www.ajatc.org/
    Start here and you'll never look back.