Journeyman Lineman - Golden, CO Job
Location(s): CO - Golden
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn’t require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that’s committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you’re looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
Internal Job description:
We are looking for a talented and experienced Journeyman Lineman to join our Xcel Energy Transmission Lines, Construction, and Maintenance team in Golden, Colorado!
Selection criteria will also include an interview and pre-employment written and hands-on testing that will take place at a company training facility (personal tools and equipment are not provided).
As a Journeyman Lineman, you will perform all duties of the lineman classification that involve overhead and underground electric transmission systems. You will need to be self-motivated, work well with others and possess a positive attitude. A strong commitment to work safely, provide quality customer service, create customer satisfaction and to work productively are a must in this position.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Must presently hold a Journeyman Lineman Certificate. Will be required to provide proof of successful completion of a recognized Lineman Apprenticeship.
3. Must meet driver qualification requirements, including the possession of a valid Commercial Drivers License. (Class A CDL)
4. Requires participation in after-hour emergency call-outs.
5. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
6. Ability to successfully work with customers on a wide range of concerns.
7. Must be self-motivated and possess a positive attitude.
8. Demonstrated commitment to work productively and safely.
9. Must live within 30 minutes or 30 miles of the service center.
Steps in Xcel Energy’s hiring process
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
To apply please visit our website by using the link below.