Default Things youve seen in pawnshops

Featured Sponsor

A couple of years ago I bought an extendo stick from a pawnshop.it came with a generator,I asked the guy what the yellow stick was for,he tells me that its for the generator,we go down in price which was 39 bucks,then I tell him what its really for......some stuff these guys sell ,they dont have a clue to what it is and what they are used for........ps:i told the guy he could keep the generator,i just wanted the stick.

Ummmmmmm round here there are 2 kinds of Pawn shops. The ones that actually get stuff pawned to em and he ones that sell brand new made in china crap. At least half of the pawn shop stuff is obviously right off of a construction job somewhere. I spoze since its rarely ever reported stolen they can get bye with that.The asking prices are usually as high as retail but they will come wayyyyyyyy off of it.

Quote Originally Posted by reppy007 View Post
    A couple of years ago I bought an extendo stick from a pawnshop.it came with a generator,I asked the guy what the yellow stick was for,he tells me that its for the generator,we go down in price which was 39 bucks,then I tell him what its really for......some stuff these guys sell ,they dont have a clue to what it is and what they are used for........ps:i told the guy he could keep the generator,i just wanted the stick.
    Do a lot of you guys own your own sticks? If so do you get them tested? Never would have thought of owning my own sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by lewy View Post
    Do a lot of you guys own your own sticks? If so do you get them tested? Never would have thought of owning my own sticks.
    Lots of lineman have lots of tools,some like me have mini storerooms,or had .yellow sticks come in handy due to the storms we get,that and a few fuses,a few barrel caps,few insulinks,fargos,a handline,ect...............I hate waiting on a truck to arrive if the storm is large,could be waiting hours,or days..........we had one guy that I worked with that would bring his own barrel stick and handline to work each day,then back to his personal truck in the evening........clearly it was a company tool,he might have bought it at a pawnshop.........it just looked strange watching this fella.

Ummmmmmm it wouldnt be a good idea to get caught using a stick while off duty to refuse anything.People have been fired for that......... it is considered unauthorized and looked on bout the same as tampering., or circumventing safety.
    Once we had an electrician open a transformer bank that he thought was just feeding the commercial service he was working on but in truth it also fed 2 residential customers. They called in and Our service supervisor found out about it. He went ballistic on that contractor.

yes ,dont get caught........had one where some theives must of had a extendo and un-screwed the hotline clamps,instead of just opening the fuses,not only that,the theives werent that sharp,they could have opened the switches at the meter cans,this was behind three strip centers in the same area.........the cops showed up and never noticed what the theives had done..........one thing for sure,they must have liked music,one shop sold guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by Pootnaigle View Post
    Once we had an electrician open a transformer bank that he thought was just feeding the commercial service he was working on but in truth it also fed 2 residential customers. They called in and Our service supervisor found out about it. He went ballistic on that contractor.
    I think that electrician works around here now. There's one guy who drives around with a couple hot sticks bouncing around the back of his pickup and doesn't hesitate to open a fuse or even cut service at the weather head if he needs. Not sure how he's managed not get in any sort of trouble.

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by aviewfrom View Post
    I think that electrician works around here now. There's one guy who drives around with a couple hot sticks bouncing around the back of his pickup and doesn't hesitate to open a fuse or even cut service at the weather head if he needs. Not sure how he's managed not get in any sort of trouble.
    You just never know,Ive been behind those strip centers thousands of times at night,and if the cops think your with the local utility ,they usually wont stop to check you out,it just takes a guy with a Co.emblem on the side of a vehicle and that can fool many of people,seen that done before,but back to the transformers,we also have that 167 kva deal ,over 167kva its subtractive with 7200 and our 34.5 is subtractive.