Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Reaching Out

Question Reaching Out

Featured Sponsor

I work for a power and water utility company in Edmonton, Alberta (Canada) and am doing research to learn more about the Power Lineman community. I've heard this Forum is very popular and thought I'd check it out. If I need to send out an important communication to the community, what would be the best way to reach out to Power Lineman in North America and beyond? Is POWERLINEMAN Magazine popular (I see it has been around for 10 years now)? What types of smart phone apps are popular? I downloaded the Lineman app, but it doesn't seem to have been downloaded by many. Sure would appreciate your thoughts and ideas. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by maggieslow View Post
    I work for a power and water utility company in Edmonton, Alberta (Canada) and am doing research to learn more about the Power Lineman community. I've heard this Forum is very popular and thought I'd check it out. If I need to send out an important communication to the community, what would be the best way to reach out to Power Lineman in North America and beyond? Is POWERLINEMAN Magazine popular (I see it has been around for 10 years now)? What types of smart phone apps are popular? I downloaded the Lineman app, but it doesn't seem to have been downloaded by many. Sure would appreciate your thoughts and ideas. Thanks!
    What "research" are you doing Maggie?

What is the "purpose" of your research?

What type of "Important Communication" do you think you need to send out to Powerlinemen?

Powerlineman.com is the Primere site for Powerlinemen, worldwide on the internet.

What is the "Lineman App"?
    Those are my thoughts.

BTW....you have no profile about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
    What "research" are you doing Maggie?

What is the "purpose" of your research?

What type of "Important Communication" do you think you need to send out to Powerlinemen?

Powerlineman.com is the Primere site for Powerlinemen, worldwide on the internet.

What is the "Lineman App"?
    Those are my thoughts.

BTW....you have no profile about yourself.
    Thank you for your response, Swamprat. I realized after I posted my message that it seemed cryptic. Sorry - not the way I intended to reach out.

Although I come from the IT world, I manage a team of recruiters of unionized positions. We are trying to connect with Power Lineman as Western Canada seems to be facing a shortage of experienced (8-10 years) individuals. We are looking to fill Power Lineman and Troubleman positions immediately and over the next 1-2 years. I have been with the company - EPCOR - for 5 years now, and it is a great place to work. I love the people - supportive, hard-working. The company focuses on betterment of community and environment, and the wages and benefits are attractive.

The purpose of my research is to find the best ways to communicate with Power Lineman about these positions. We also are trying to find what parts of the world have greater numbers of Power Lineman. I hope that clarifies things.

The Lineman Brain Card app contains useful information for Lineman in the field - measurements, wire ratings, digging depths, dead end tensions, etc.

Thank you for the reminder about the profile - I've got some details up there now.

Thank you for your response, Swamprat. I realized after I posted my message that it seemed cryptic. Sorry - not the way I intended to reach out.

Although I come from the IT world, I manage a team of recruiters of unionized positions. We are trying to connect with Power Lineman as Western Canada seems to be facing a shortage of experienced (8-10 years) individuals. We are looking to fill Power Lineman and Troubleman positions immediately and over the next 1-2 years. I have been with the company - EPCOR - for 5 years now, and it is a great place to work. I love the people - supportive, hard-working. The company focuses on betterment of community and environment, and the wages and benefits are attractive.

The purpose of my research is to find the best ways to communicate with Power Lineman about these positions. We also are trying to find what parts of the world have greater numbers of Power Lineman. I hope that clarifies things.

The Lineman Brain Card app contains useful information for Lineman in the field - measurements, wire ratings, digging depths, dead end tensions, etc.

Thank you for the reminder about the profile - I've got some details up there now.
    Only "Unionized" Linemen Maggie? For work in Canada or anywhere in the world?

You might consider Placing an Advertisement on Byrons Board
    , and Paying for it, to help support him and HIS endeavors, in the actual FIELD of Powerlinework. Obviously, you are a "recruiter", and not affiliated with the ACTUAL Trade of Linework.

'We also are trying to find what parts of the world have greater numbers of Power Lineman."

Seriously? EVERY Country has Powerlinemen. Though the standards, are nowhere similar. What type of a question is that? Really?

Purchase an advertisement on Byrons Board Maggie.

Default Chill

Chill out swampy. She aint trying to corrupt anyone or be sneaky (not like some we know). She's being up front and honest. I know your full of love swampy but ya come across as agressive sometimes.... You catch more bees with honey...

"All said with LOVE". .

Mmmwwaahhh. And hugs.

I will drive any un desireables away with my rubbish pictures.
    IF IT WASN'T FOR BAD LUCK WE WOULD HAVE NO LUCK AT ALL. !

Thanks, Swamprat, for your perspective. I appreciate your candidness. And just so you know - we have actually paid for a posting already on Powerlineman.com - the posting went live on Thursday.

We are exploring all avenues to reach Power Lineman. Believe it or not, companies in Western Canada are in the same boat - although there are Power Lineman, they are employed and satisfied where they are. There is a local shortage of more experienced individuals looking for employment so companies are extending their reaches beyond our borders. We want to approach people in a legitimate and above-board way and are seeking your (and others') advice on the best way to do this.

Thanks again!

Didn't mean to come off aggressive Maggie.
    Over the years there have been so many people try to post their advertisement on Byrons Board without paying him for advertising. And they still do. Some are really pretty sneeky about it.

Do you have a website? Have you maby talked to Bryon about posting a link too it in the Jobs part of the board? It would seem that would be the best way to actually get your word out that companys in Canada are looking hard, for experienced Linemen.

That's a great suggestion, Swamprat! I will send an email to Byron directly about this.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my posts.

Maggie, is that your own app you are referring to?

Featured Sponsorr

Quote Originally Posted by Highplains Drifter View Post
    Maggie, is that your own app you are referring to?
    Hi Highplains Drifter - No this is not my app. I am not a developer of apps for sure. The Apple site says it was created by Submerge LLC. See http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/linem...442705262?mt=8.