Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. Default

Featured Sponsor

Dang, freeclimbing really? Did you use a supersqueeze at all?

Wink

They're running 3 classes a week. Didnt really notice if anyone was having trouble with the free clombing or not, I was focused on what I was doin and listening to my JL.lol. Looks like there almost 500 of us testing. I didnt see em send anyone away, but the crowd looked a little thinner by the end.... Nope, no squeeze of any kind. Just hooks n hands. Personally, free climbing seems easier than doin it with a bucksqueeze. Ill let ya know how phase 2 goes.

3. Default

Oh nice. How high up are you free climbing? I've only messed around free climbing haha. And yeah keep us posted 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Roofus View Post
    They're running 3 classes a week. Didnt really notice if anyone was having trouble with the free clombing or not, I was focused on what I was doin and listening to my JL.lol. Looks like there almost 500 of us testing. I didnt see em send anyone away, but the crowd looked a little thinner by the end.... Nope, no squeeze of any kind. Just hooks n hands. Personally, free climbing seems easier than doin it with a bucksqueeze. Ill let ya know how phase 2 goes.
    So did you pass?

Quote Originally Posted by SMUD View Post
    So did you pass?

Unfortunately, no. There was some pretty stiff competition out there. Luckily I didnt get the "This aint for you" speech. I got the "You got a lotta heart, kid. Just get your body up there with your heart and mind and come on back to try again. We'd love to see you out here." Couple guys got the "this aint for you" speech. So, my next stop is line school. lol. 500 apps and 15-20 jobs. So, they only took the best of the best. There were a few apes out there for different companies too. Only time will tell. I think the free climbing caught a lot of people off guard. There were a LOTTA Buck climbers out there. Anyone going out for testing this month, PRACTICE YOUR FREE CLIMBING!! No buck, no hitchhiking. All old-school. Best of luck, boys!

6. Default

Sorry you didn't make it man but that's strange to me that they want you to free climb. Anyways, I'm a little confused. Do they want you to free climb up the pole then belt on to do the cross arm? I would assume you would have to belt on for that and is it just the single strap you do it with?

Yup free climb the pole, belt on with your scare strap, rotate one way in 4 steps or less, do it the other way in 4 or less, unbelt then descend. Up again to 30 ft, same thing. Then free climb to 30, scare strap, hang the cross arm and hardware, unbelt and back down.

8. Default

Ok gotcha. Thanks! How much time do you have to practice?

You got about an hour or 2 of practice each day. But if you never free-climbed before, PRACTICE before going. They will DQ you if you cant complete the exercise, are unsafe, or if you dont look comfortable. So, even if you climb it in record time and complete it, if you walk around with your gaff guards off, you go home. So be safe, be smooth, and be confident. If you look scared up there, regardless if you got it done or not, being afraid will get you sent home too. Take your time if you gotta to be safe and proficient. Remember, Lineman get paid by the hour, not the pole.

10. Default

Featured Sponsorr

Good info man, thanks a ton! I'm def gonna practice before my test date.