Sunday, 29 July 2007 19:00


Rate this item
(0 votes)

Author -

Submitted By -

Leaking Aluminum DE Bell

Today we had a lineman in a bucket truck preparing to hang a 16' street light. He was at the common neutral, hanging the handline. He reached with his right arm around the pole and at the same time started to reach around the pole with his left fore arm brushed up against the neutral. At this time he received a shock. He was taken to the hospital, check out and released. He was scheduled to see other specialist that day and the next day. The crew took a volt reading with rubber gloves and found 375 volts. The aluminum dead end bells were changed out and the voltage was reduced to 8 volts. So beware of those alumium bells.


Read 416 times